Monday, November 18, 2013

A little catching up to do

Yes, I have fallen a bit behind.  I didn't have internet service and I enjoyed being "unplugged" to some extent. So, now I can go back and account all of the steps we have taken over the last few weeks, how the drive seemed to take forever,  how Liam actually handled the travel pretty well, how I got to drive the truck with a giant trailer behind it, how when we finally got to the house the roads were so dark, we had no idea where we were going and how I think that was best.  I can write about Sean's calm nerves while driving the trailer and backing it up to our house, how we had to sleep on the floor the first night and how I dried myself off with wash rags the first day, and how the movers were 2 1/2 days later than we thought they were going to be, and how dumb they were when they got there.

But instead, I am going to spend a little time writing about all the cool things we discovered, all the adventures we had in the short time we had.  Monday we got into to Conifer when it was dark, I don't even think it was all that late, but I knew it was dark, and a million stars were out to greet us.  We met with the owner of the house and he was so nice to show us the ropes while Liam happily crawled around the huge open space.  Then we fell asleep, me on a yoga mat, Sean on the cushions of a couch and Liam cuddled with me.  And sleeping wasn't all that great, but it was something, it wasn't a hotel, and it was home.

And Tuesday we spent the morning doing a little shopping and then getting ready to head to my interview.  Fingers still crossed that the job all works out.  Sean and Liam did some shopping, we found some sushi dinner and headed back to our house.  We were able to dig out the futon pad to sleep on that and we did find some blankets (rather than coats of the night before), so again, we fell asleep on the floor in front of the gas fire place.  We got up on Wednesday and Sean started his job.  Liam and I spent the day doing a little unpacking, taking a walk and just hanging out starting to feel at home, waiting for Sean to get home and hear about his day.

The rest of the week went about the same, Liam and I hanging out, unpacking, waiting for the movers and happily waiting for daddy to get home.  We explored Evergreen, the next town over for dinner one night and then the next day.  We found a huge dog park that we walked around in, we found that taking a car ride had a whole new meaning.  We found where we belong.  And it felt so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment