Monday, November 4, 2013

Crunch time

Yes, we are getting down to the wire here.  Crunch time, or pack time, or just time to get our stuff out of our house and into the moving truck.  It's kind of crazy that the moving truck is coming Wednesday.  Starting on Wednesday, I will be living out of a suitcase for a month or longer.  And then just a few days later, we will be moving the rest of our things out to Colorado.  It's odd, I still don't feel like it is real.  I don't know when that will happen, when it will feel real.  Maybe when I get there?  Maybe today when I pack up all my clothes?  Maybe the day I leave Sean to come home?  Maybe when I finally get out there at the end of the year?  Or maybe it just won't feel real ever.  I mean, after all, it is a dream come true, so perhaps it will just always feel like a dream.  Or perhaps some day it will feel real.  Soon, when I am getting ALL of our things into boxes and a truck, it will hit me.

My life is about to change, in a pretty huge way.  The next month I will be spending away from my husband, my best friend, Liam's daddy.  And I don't know how well I will do.  I mean, I'll make it, I'm tough, when I want to be.  But it will be hard, it will be hard to know that every time Liam wakes up, or needs something, it will fall on me.  It will be hard to not have my person right next to me every night, it will be hard to not see his smiling face and hear his laugh.  I know I will still talk to him, and see him, through the computer, but there is no way that can make up for him being with me.  Guess I'm feeling a little bit bummed about this part of the trip.  I am excited for the next couple of weeks and know I need to focus on that.  I am dragging today, though, and I think it is because I am realizing how hard it will be to be away from Sean.

All right, but for now, that's enough.  Time to move on, dinner tonight with the Foege's.  My goal for tonight is packing up me and Liam.  And my goal is get to some sleep and make sure that little Liam and I are healthy for our trip next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment