Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Jack Johnson

It had been far too long since I went to a concert.  Yes, I did see Xavier Rudd earlier this year, so I guess that counts, but well, I am talking a big concert and one where I don't have my little man with me.  So, it turned out to be another date with Sean.  We had just gotten back from California, stocked up on some groceries and headed home to get Liam dinner and bathed before the babysitter came over.  Yes, the babysitter.  It was the first time we were leaving Liam with a babysitter.  Things seemed to be all set, minus the fact that our house was a bit of a mess due to just getting back.  We had dinner, Liam got a nice bath and was ready to hang out, play and do whatever he planned on doing, until whenever.  The babysitter arrived and we went over what I thought was important, where his room was, how we do bedtime, food, how to work the tv and the rest of those seemingly important items.  We kissed our little man and flew out the door, no quicker than we arrived.  We had to stop and get some beer before we headed to the show.  We were quite excited to see a show at Red Rocks and I was beyond thrilled to get tickets to the show, after all, it was sold out and tickets were going for crazy high prices.  We snuck in our back way and we were able to score one of the last parking spaces in our secret spot.  We decided it would be a great place to drink our beers and cheers the show.

This was the first and last picture we took for the night.  I didn't want to be obsessed with my phone all night, letting the world know what we were doing, instead, I just wanted to enjoy the moment we were in.  It was an amazing night, we did have quite the hike up to the venue, then back down to the box office, then back up to the venue.  We met a few nice people on the way back up, as I was mostly running to be sure to get to the show on time.  We got in to Red Rocks, stopped for a beer along the way and made way to find our seats.  We had pretty great seats, in the middle, up high enough to be able to see everything, but still close enough to feel like we were a part of things.   We sat down and hung out for a bit, I was excited to see Jack, but was also excited that Sean was going to get to see a show at Red Rocks - it really is something you can't put into words in my opinion.  So, we sat and waitied and when Jack came out, everyone stood up, and of course, got our cell phones and started taking pictures.  I'm not sure why that bothered me as much as it did, perhaps it was the 500 selfies the people in front of me took, with me in the background.  But mostly, I just wanted to be in the moment, get lost in the music and move and groove the way I like to.  

So, the show went on, and as usual, it was amazing, Jack always delivers such a great show, such good feelings and positive energy, just makes me smile thinking about it again.  The night ended far too soon, but we also knew we had to get home to that little man.  We were considering bringing him, and while I missed him and think he would have had fun, I am glad we got to just be with each other, and enjoy the show.  We headed out of our seats and found a great spot to stand to enjoy his encore, in hopes of not getting stuck in long lines on the way out.  We stopped and I got a shirt, it was teal, of course and headed on our way.  We were told we couldn't use the trail on the way back, so we continued down the parking lot until we found our trail come in at a place where people couldn't yell at us.  We had our flashlights (on our phones) and walked all the way back down our secret trail to our car, where we hopped in and sped home, not sitting in any traffic.  It was such a great night with Sean and the music and the place, just awesome.  Time to get back to reality and get to work, huge event this weekend, hoping enough time to get everything done!    

No comments:

Post a Comment