Monday, August 4, 2014

Peace

I was outside yesterday, rushing around, getting a few things done before Liam woke up from his nap.  As soon as I started the second paint coat on our letters for our adventure wall, the monitor beeped.  Sean and I both knew that he didn't get enough sleep and we didn't get enough done in that time.  So, I sprinted inside and up the stairs, which made my heart race and made me quite out of breath.  And when I got there, the little guy was sitting up in bed, crying for mama.  I pictured myself more as a mommy, but mama has grown on me.  I crawled into be with him, asked if he wanted to cuddle with mama and he curled into me.  At that moment, I took a minute to realize what I felt.

My body was covered with a rush, a rush that I had to slow down and absorb.  After a few seconds of trying to figure out what was going on, I felt it, peace.  I felt a sense of peace over me from head to toe.  My head was in the moment and my heart was settled.  And it felt so good.  It felt so good to have that moment with Liam, the moment of peace.  I mean, anyone that knows Liam, knows those moments don't exist that often.  But he fell back asleep in my arms and instead of sneaking out right away to get back to some chores, I decided to stay.  I closed my eyes and smiled.  I looked at what I have and where I am in life.  And it felt good to be me, it felt good to be at peace with everything I was doing.  I did decide to sneak away, I knew Sean needed help with a few things.

I found Sean and hugged him and told him everything that happened, another feeling to know our move was right and this is where we belong.

We concluded the day playing in Bear Creek at a swimming hole we found about 10 minutes from our house.  It was a wonderful day to play in the water.  Liam got to throw rocks in the creek and bang up his knees a bit.  He had a blast and those little moments are just another example of the peace I feel, when being outside, with my family.  

No comments:

Post a Comment