Friday, November 21, 2014

5 years

As promised, here is my blog about our anniversary.  I know everyone has been on pins and needles waiting for this - or not.  Anyways, it has been 5 years since Sean and I got married.  Getting marries was just a bit of a formality for us.  We knew we loved each other pretty early one, hence being engaged after just 6 months of dating.  We knew we would spend the rest of our lives together, so the day didn't change too much for us.  We just had gotten Burton (and boy, did I not like him, funny how he sleeps in bed with us, pushing me out of bed and that's all right these days) and our new house.  Our life was rolling along and we were thrilled.  Don't get me wrong, we were excited to get married, have a wedding and all that.  It was going to be a great party to celebrate our love with friends and family.  And it was great, we had such a great day, minus a few glitches leading up to it and a few decisions on saving money that sort of backfired, but it is what it is.  It was an amazing day to join our love together and just be with each other.

Fast forward 5 years - wow, I never could have imagined we would be here.  After our wedding, life continued as usual for us, happy, exploring, adventuring, just being in love.  We spent our honeymoon hiking the Four Loop Pass (I mean the Four Pass Loop) in Maroon Bells and had an amazing time.  I have pictures on my computer of that trip that come up on a pretty regular basis and it reminds me how much I want to go and do it again.  We hoped for this year, but that just didn't happen, who knows, maybe we will go this weekend!  It was a great trip and made me realize how much of the world (all right, maybe just the state of Colorado) I want to see with Sean.  We continued to live our adventure lifestyle, local ski trips, local camping trips, some big trips - Whistler, Colorado again for some off roading, Breckenridge and probably a few places in the middle I am forgetting about.  It was great, the life I wanted, the life I was loving...where would we go next, would we climb or mountain bike.

Then screech - mommy has to stop doing quite a few things!  We decided it was time to start our family.  I'd have been thrilled with adventuring for about 10 more years, then have a family, but let's be honest, I wasn't getting any younger.  We found out were having a little baby in early April of 2012.  We then found out it'd be a boy and he'd be here in December.  I won't go into those details, that sounds like another entry, but Liam came and has turned our world upside down, mostly in a good way.  He showed us how it's love is the craziest emotion of all - it actually multiples, you can create more and more of it.  You don't love those in your life any less, you love them more, actually, and the new addition.

We lived our life happy in Illinois for a few months with Liam.  Sean still had an itch, an itch to be somewhere else, Colorado.  He knew he loved it here, he knew I loved it here and he wanted to put me here.  He knew what the mountains and nature here do for my soul, so he worked to get a great job out here.  He got an offer - that's when the decision was made - we were going to pick up our lives and move here.  So, we did.  And that gets us to where this blog starts.

So, the 5 years with Sean has been amazing and has show me more than I could have ever known was possible.  The adventure has been nothing short of wonderful.  The bumps in the road have made us stronger and our love deeper.  The kid, well, the kid has taught us all kind of things in our relationship, how to be more patient (me), how to be more relaxed (me) and how to just laugh more and enjoy the moments.  The love I have for Sean is the love you read about in books, or see in movies or even dream about.  And I have it, in my life, and in my life for forever.  While this is just the beginning on our life together, it seems like we have so much happiness already, I can't wait to see what comes at 10 years, and more.  It's been such a great ride so far, and it just seems to keep getting better.  Instead of waiting for it to crash down, we'll continue to write the story of us, the story of true love and the powerful connection it can bring.  Ahh, 5 years, so amazing...so wonderful...so happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment