Thursday, November 20, 2014

About a year

Yes, it has been just over a year that Sean and I moved to Colorado.  Well, I guess not really.  I mean, Sean moved out here with all of our belongings, but I was still back in Illinois, finishing up my last event with SOILL and tying up any lose ends.  It has been fun to use the app Timehop to remember where we were a year ago.  I looked back at my blog and realized most of what I was worried about was being without Sean.  Liam and I had just left on the plane and Sean was starting his tough schedule to get his new job going.  My phone is full of pictures I had to send to Sean to remind him about Liam and tell him how much we missed him.  I look back now, a year later and things are so different.

Liam is so different.  Sean thought he missed a lot those few months with Liam, but to be honest, Liam was little, didn't know too much and was barely getting into the trouble he is into now.  He was cute, of course, but still so young.  Today he is this little kid, with the sweetest side and the wildest side.  Last night, he came up to me and hugged me and told me he loved me while getting his pajamas on.  Just before that, he threw a huge tantrum during dinner because he needed to have mac and cheese before yogurt pretzels.  The kid is a hoot, he cracks me up on  daily basis.  He laughs when we laugh, he laughs when he thinks he is being silly, he laughs when he is supposed to go to bed.  He is a happy kid, with such a sweet side.  He has turned into our big boy, even spent the night in his bed, all night last night.  What a change from a year.

I am a little different, have a little baby squirming around inside of me.  I can feel it move each day at some point, seems to really jump around after M & M's.  Sean even felt it move the other night when we were in bed reading.  I have a doctor's appointment this Friday, our anniversary - crazy we have been married for 5 years, but that's another entry for tomorrow.  It was supposed to be my 16 week, but I had a hard time finding an appointment so it's my 16 week at 17ish or so weeks or 18ish.  I'm not so good at keeping close track.  Thankfully the time has sped up since the early few weeks.  I felt they were dragging on.  But now, now that I feel good enough to workout and be awake and not be sick, it's like I'm almost normal again - very exciting.

And Sean, he is kicking butt at his job, just today he is observing a new person, just thinking a year ago, that was him, but not even.  He was just watching and learning.  He watched and learned and has found his spot, I think.  He has ideas and presentations for things that are mostly even above my head.  He is working hard to find his spot and I think he has done it.  I tell him now and again how proud I am of him, how great he has done with his job.

And my job is great.  I certainly miss my old co-workers and old job, but to be honest, I still miss the Lambs Farm days.  I think I'll always miss my jobs and the places I was in, they were great.  But now, now I have my dream job.  I am running the state events for Special Olympics in Colorado.  And  yes, things are different, and at first, I thought that was bad.  I think I have changed my thinking, different isn't bad, it's just a chance - a chance to change or a chance to improve or a chance to learn.  All of which I have done and I look forward to leaving my mark with SOCO.

So, yeah, it has been a great year.  It has been hard at times.  When I first got out here, and Sean was working so much, it was hard, it was me working, in charge of Liam and man, it was tough.  But we are working it out, we are getting settled in our house, making it how we want it.  We are enjoying Colorado.  It was a busy year and we didn't get to do as much as we wanted to, but new jobs and a new house left us a little busy.

I'm excited to look forward to next year, to camping, climbing, being outside as much as possible.  And yes, I know it'll be harder with the extra little one, but people do it, and we want to be those people, scratch that, we are those people.  And we plan to enjoy every moment we are here with our family.  It's been a good year here!

No comments:

Post a Comment