Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Be with someone who...

I'm not one to give relationship advice, I know each situation is different, I don't want anyone to ever think I know better than them when it comes to relationships, I have had my share of good ones, ha...sense a little sarcasm there.  But I think, last night, sitting here on the couch, looking into Sean's eyes, I think I realized a few things that I wish for everyone that I care about.  And here is my list - I'm sure there are more, but this is all I can rattle off right now.

Be with someone...

...who looks at you, deep in your eyes and tells  you he wants to make your dreams come true (last night, when I said to Sean that I can't believe we are moving to Colorado, he looked at me and just told me he wanted to make my dreams come true - how can I be so lucky to have a wonderful husband and family, and someone that wants to make MORE of my dreams come true).

...who looks at you, past all your flaws and when you are upset, they challenge you to stand up for what you really believe in and become even stronger (Sean has stood by me through some tough times while nursing Liam and while he asked a few times if I still thought it was best, he saw the passion I had when I talked about it and he has backed me up every since - even going to bat for me recently).

....who can make you laugh, no matter what, and especially at yourself. (so many times I get caught up in the stupid little things...and then I watch Sean with Liam and I watch them laugh and goof around, and the past few nights, I have laid in bed with Liam, and watched him crawl around and giggle...and he finally fell asleep, but many nights before, I was mad at Liam for not sleeping, giggles are much better than crying!).

....who does the little things, that aren't even things. (I used to always think I wanted flowers and notes and all that junk - and to embarrass Sean a bit, he does those things, I love the days I find little notes telling me how amazing he thinks I am, but these days I realize more and more that there are other things that are more important.  He has joined a few groups in Conifer to get us to meet people, he sent me a few links for churches, he does anything and everything that I don't even think about).

....who you can spend every minute, of every day with and not get sick of each other. (Granted I don't see Sean a lot, due to our work schedule, but the times we spend together, are so important and dear to me, especially since in a few weeks, we will be spending a month apart, but honestly, even on the days we are together, there is never enough time.  I want to spend every minute I can with him, laughing, talking, just being)

All right, well, I will stop for now, maybe too embarrassing and too revealing, but I think it took me a long time to find my right guy - and the wait was well worth it, Sean has given me everything I could have ever imagined and I can't wait to see what our future in Colorado holds, for him, for me, for Liam, for all of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment