Friday, January 3, 2014

Solo Adventure

Yesterday Liam, Burton and I took our first solo adventure.  All right, well, I guess you can't really call is solo when I had my boys with me.  It was comical to me as I was trying to get out of the house, it was like I was moving a small army with everything I had.  And of course, right when we left, Burton saw an elk he had to chase our of our front yard.  But, he was a pretty good dog and got in the car pretty quick.  And off to the dog park we went.  It was a nice little drive, I don't mind that it was a little ways away, after all, Liam needed a nice afternoon nap.  We arrived and thankfully there was parking close to the park as I forgot a leash.  Oh well, I could have forgotten more things, at least I had Liam and Burton, right? 

We went for a great 2 mile hike, up some hills, which left me gasping for air, through some giant pine trees and even around a small little creek.  I love the fact that Burton was drinking the water out of it, so much cleaner than what he probably drank in the lakes in IL.  It was a great day, it really was.  I decided that it was going to be and it was.  It's funny how that works out, isn't it.

Then there was another solo adventure today, it was me leaving Liam somewhere besides my parents house.  It was Liam spending the day with someone totally new.  It was my first day of work and it all seemed to go well.  From what I can tell, Liam was a pretty good baby - and even took a nap (see, he has been a bit spoiled with naps - taking them on our laps).  And he didn't cry when I left and neither did I!  I was so happy he didn't cry (he had a rough night and a rough morning, he screamed most of the time I was in the shower).  I was happy he was having fun when I left and happy that he seemed to be having when Sean came and got him.  It was some sort of peace of mind.  I was so nervous about leaving him, not with my parents.  It had nothing to do with where he was going, or who was watching him, it just wasn't Dot and Papa.  But it all worked out.

So, it was a big few days, I went out with Sean on an adventure, I started a new job and Liam stayed with someone new.  Quite a few firsts all in just a few days.  Now, I get to enjoy a weekend off with Sean, let lots of information soak in, hopefully have a beer and a nice dinner and get out in the mountains!  I say so far, a pretty great way to start the new year! 

1 comment: