Thursday, January 23, 2014

Tomorrow is Friday!

I think I just realized that as much as I love long weekends, that makes for short weeks and I love those even more!  Tomorrow is Friday already, I am loving it.  It has been a long-ish week with Sean working quite a bit and me having meetings in the evening.  It's hard, to be a working mom, sometimes.  Although I agree that it has to be hard to be a stay at home mom as well.  I guess it just hard sometimes to be a mom, to balance everything.  I want to keep being able to be there for everything for my little guy.  Sounds like he has a little bit of an upset tummy, and being away from him makes that hard.  I know he likes mommy cuddles and nursing when he isn't feeling well, but I am not there.  And while it is hard, I have accepted it and it is just how things are for now.  I am so glad I am no longer beating myself up for not being there for every moment with him.  Instead, I decided to make the moments I have with him matter.

I almost look forward to his night time wake ups so I can nurse him, in peace and quiet.  It's such a relaxing time.  I remember when it was such a stressful time, trying to feed him, keep him quiet and calm, or handing him over to Sean while I hooked myself up to the pump again.  But now, now I wake up, no longer upset because I am awake, but rather impressed that he slept as long as he did.  I sit up, grab my little guy, that gets bigger each time I grab him and look am him and feed him.  And sometimes I watch him, and remember how hard it was at first, to get him to nurse.  And sometimes I close my eyes and take us somewhere else in my head.  But I am no longer watching the clock, counting the minutes until I get to go back to sleep.  I enjoy the time with him, even if it's 3 AM.  I also love laying down with him at night.  Of course, he isn't always ready to lie down, but then I let him play.  I spent so many nights upset that he wouldn't sleep, but no longer.  He is growing so fast and I need to have my cuddles with my little monster.  And perhaps the laundry doesn't get folded, or the dishwasher emptied, or my lunch isn't made for the next day.  But I get time with Liam.  And that's why I am so happy it is Friday, 2 whole days with my little guy, doing whatever we want to do, napping together, hiking, playing...I'm going to continue to look forward to my moments with him and bonus moments when Sean is home as well!

I've got a busy few months coming up, it's time to soak in every minute of free time with the ones I truly care about...but for now, off to another meeting...and the hopes it is a short one so I can get back home to my family.

1 comment: