Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Sunday's hike

I was going to start this one out reviewing our comically (not at the time) frustrating evening on Sunday night, but well, none of that matters right now.  It was quite funny, though, how a million things seemed to go wrong when I made the decision to NOT take Liam to the Avett Brothers show - pretty much the universe telling me that I should have gone.  But anyways, it will only take a few more days for not to be bummed when I hear thier songs (perhaps I should change my Pandora station, that might help).


But, the day leading up to that decision was another great one.  Sean and I decided it was time to play outside and take a hike.  We went to Mt. Falcon, about 7 minutes away from home and hiked a way we hadn't hiked before.  We climbed about 500 feet to get to see some great views of Denver - it was amazing how far you can see when you are up that high.  









Liam is at the point were he likes the backpack, but also wants to get our to explore.  We stopped at the top and let him do  just that.  He climbed up and sit next to Daddy, he used his hand to hit the log next to him for Mommy to sit down (couldn't resist grabbing this picture first, though).





He wandered a bit down the trail, climbed a few rocks and made his way back to the log.  We were ready to go, but Liam was not.  He had more climbing to do, I'm a little nervous and excited about how good of a climber he is already.  I have been taking little videos of him climbing and envision it one day being a part of some sort of montage or story they do on him, you know, because he will become some world class climber.  It's a fun thing to think about, what this kid will make of himself, what small role I will play in his life.










We also got a great family picture, which hasn't happened in a while.  A couple of nice hikers offered and  I couldn't pass up the chance.  So it was another great hike, 4 miles of fun times, a sleeping baby, a dog that wanted to be free and a happy couple just going for a walk at the park closest to our house.  Yes, as I mentioned before, life it good.




No comments:

Post a Comment