Tuesday, July 15, 2014

What a weekend!

It's also a few too many days after the events happen that I write, but so it goes with my time and such.  It was a great weekend for us at the Foege house, mostly because we spent the weekend at the house, together, working on the house.  Liam got sick on Wednesday, ended up with Hand, Foot and Mouth disease.  Ugh, not fun, even worse when they call it a disease.  But that meant we weren't hanging out with friends or doing much out of the house, as much as I wanted to.  Sean was on call, so we had to stay close to home, which was great.  We ended up working our butts off to unpack, put furniture together, move furniture around, unpack boxes, clean up tools, put walls back together and the list goes on and on.  We cleaned, vaccuumed, mopped, dusted  and again, the list goes on.  

Saturday was an exhaustingly long day - we started nice and early and barely had time to go outside to have fun in between the rain storms.  We did see a deer right out of the window where Liam's new play area was. We stopped and enjoyed our house as we unpacked and I realized a few things while we did all this work.  First of all, I love our new house.  It has become such a wonderful place to be.  It was hard for a while, we were still in boxes and living in messes, but the more boxes we unpack, the more space we clear out, the more things we move, the more I love our house.  We have ideas upon ideas of things we want to do - which, by the way, owning a home would be great if you got some bonus money you got to spend on the house to make it your way.  So, we share ideas, we talk, we are creative, we plan for the next step.  And we scale all that back in and look at what's in front of us.  It's so fun to make a home, I loved doing it when we lived in IL, but now, it is even more fun.  It helps to have done things already, we sort of know what we are doing at least.  And there is just so much more we can do with this amazing house.  I think each time Sean and I talk, the conversation involves our home and something we can do it at some point.  It's so fun, so expensive and then even more fun to be creative to not put us in a huge hole.  

It's funny to me, that saying about your cluttered space and cluttered mind.  I totally think that is true for me.  It's easy for me to leave things cluttered, I can live in that space, but I am so much better when my life is in the proper bins or containers.  Sean makes fun of me at times (in the best possible way) because when we go out, I always want to buy bins or tubs for storage - he doesn't get it.  And I think I finally get it, bins make it easier to keep the place clean, a clean place leads me to a clear mind.  And with a clear mind, I can see so much.  I can see the home I want to have, I can envision the things I want to do with my life and my family.  I can see myself doing all the things I want to do, and I'm getting there.  

There is so much that happened this weekend that I wish I would have kept better track of my thoughts, my ideas, my dreams.  I always want to blog at night, but typically I am too tired to make it happen, or too lazy, yeah, probably too lazy.  And it doesn't help that my computer at home doesn't work very well, if at all.  After about 5 minutes of me waiting for it to boot up, I'm over it.  

Anyways, I love where I am in life right now.  I'm in a job I love, I'm in a home that is amazing (and will get even better), I live within 10 minutes of some amazing hikes, I have a healthy little guy and a wonderful husband.  I have support from friends and family - I mean, really, does it get any better?  I love days when I think it can't get better and then it does.  I am in a place in life where I want to learn everything, I want to make Liam homemade cheese and peanut butter crackers - from scratch, I want to stay home and cook instead of going out (which we have done for over a week - we both ate lunch out yesterday, but otherwise, for a week, all of our meals were at home).  I want so much, but at the time time am so grateful for everything I have.  And that's where I end up, grateful for all the above items, grateful to be alive and moving in the right direction.  I just can't wait to see what our future holds in so many ways, but for now, I love life and I love our home, it is the perfect place to be with my wonderful family.  

No comments:

Post a Comment