Monday, October 6, 2014

Little weekend adventures

Yep, that is why we moved here.  Sean and I have been having a hard time finding time to get away for a while, a long weekend, or even an overnight camping trip.  We even have been having a tough time getting away on little adventures.  I did get away with my parents and Liam when they were in town last week.  We took Guanella Pass up and over to Mt. Bierstadt.  The colors were great, the drive was fun and we ended up getting some great hot dogs. I'll have to add some pictures later, my phone seems to not want to share them with me right now.  My mom and I made out to the dog park for a hike as well.  It was a great visit, depsite me being a little sick and I'm sure Liam misses them so much already, I know I do.

But this Sunday, Sean was on call, but not until 5th call.  So, we decided we were safe to take a trip out to Elk Meadows.  We were watching Ray Ray and I had no desire to take two leashed dogs anywhere - at all.  So, Elk Meadows it was.  It was great, it was crowded, as usual, but we found a spot and hopped on the trail.  Sean carried Liam due to my breathing issues and we ventured a few new ways to explore a bit.  It was so nice to be out in nature again, and being able to breath was nice.  It was also nice to be with Sean.  Not working on this or that project, not worrying about work for a few hours and just being in the moment.  It was a lovely day, not too hot at all, almost a little chilly in the shade.  Liam had a blast as usual, riding along, talking about how heavy he was, touching trees and saying hi to dogs along the way.

We had our share of suburban adventures as well, some car comparing, a nice dinner at Chili's (where a nice older lady came up to me and told me how cute Liam was, and what a great right hand he had as he chucked a piece of pizza under her husband's chair - she assured me she understood, she had kids as well) and then just some hanging out at parks and such.

It was a nice little weekend of staying put, getting healthy and feeling my spirit with some mountain.  Now, I'm already on to next week, I need a little more adventure, something new, something exciting.  Time to start planning to see what it will be!

No comments:

Post a Comment