Friday, October 17, 2014

Finally!

Finally it is no longer a secret and I don't have to worry about slipping up and saying something that will have someone questioning what I am talking about.  I mean, I'm sure that happens all that time, but this time I mean in regards to the baby.  The news is official and in case you haven't seen it, here's how we did it:

It was great, pretty close to how I finally decided we should do it.  The little man climbing our rock wall (and yes, he was actually up in the air, with his harness, and Mommy holding his rope and he kept yelling higher, higher).  He was missing a few holds, but did pretty well when he was able to sort of climb.  It's so funny, I'm so proud of his climbing and so worried about it at the same time.  I guess that is something that will also be the case, right?  That's what happens when you are a parent, you worry.

Like now, now is a crazy time in pregnancy, I'm about 12 weeks or so along and I have nothing to know about the little one other than it was fine at the last doctor's appointment.  It's too soon to feel any movement and to really see my belly grow.  I mean, don't get me wrong, I've noticed my belly grow, that's for sure, but it's just hard to tell it's a pregnant belly, still feels like it's just a beer belly.  But I worry, that it's not all right, that my sickness took a toll, that the medication I needed wasn't good for the baby.

And I look at Liam and I know I worried about the same things, and now my worries just shift, is he getting enough good food, does he sleep enough, how long until he gets braver, until he no longer wants mommy's hand to do hard things, until he really hurts himself.

So, I can sit and worry, about the new baby, about Liam, about everything.  Or I can accept that as a mom, I'll probaby worry about one thing or another for the rest of my life.  And that worry can overtake me and run my life or I can change that worry to thoughts of positive ones.  I can think that Liam will learn from each fall he takes or that this new baby will just be tougher after going through what we went through.  It's hard, to change your thinking sometimes, it's a slow process, but it's a way of thinking and living I want to have.

Yes, we are expecting, we are growing our family and we are working hard to make sure we get what we want out of life.  Again, this blog will shift, probably to my pregnancy, to how I want to stay much more healthy this time (minus the Domino's pizza and Taco Bell cravings), how I plan to keep working out throughout and then, to remember that no matter how much we plan and want things, we can only control so much.  So, here's to another adventure coming into out life, and here's to all the uncertainty that comes with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment