Monday, January 19, 2015

Valley View Hot Springs

So, I've been complaining (I tried to come up with a different word, but if I want to be honest with myself, it was complaining) about needing more adventures, more mountain time, more nature, more new things.  So, it was funny when were gearing up for our Hot Springs adventure and I was a little whiny about it.  It was an exhausting work week, I worked my butt off, way too many hours, not enough sleep and thankfully I kept up eating well and mostly working out - that's all that kept me sane.  I was jealous I couldn't take any days off to join the crew riding, I barely even had time to hang out with Johanna and Clint, which I felt terrible about.  Anyways, Friday came, I got to leave work and mostly not think about it and get away, but somehow, I found things wrong with it.

The drive was about 3 hours, which was a little long for just an overnight.  At least that was my thinking when we left.  I was excited to go do something new.  Johanna had been to the place, made reservations and to be honest, I paid little attention to where we were going until we got in the car.  So, we drove, and in true Liam fashion, he didn't want to sleep - he wanted to talk, sing, scream, giggle, play and just about anything else except sleeping.  He finally dozed off when we were just about there, of course, but it was something.  We got to the springs and had to check in, Liam was still sleeping so I stayed in the car.  They group checked in and got all the information, it was about 4:00 or so when we got there.  There was still plenty of time to get hot springing in my mind.  I was a little concerned about being pregnant and being in the warm water, but the temperatures weren't nearly as hot as a bath I would take - which doesn't make my baths right, but well, I think she was all right with the temps.  We got to our cabin and I had some slight issues with the distance to the bathroom and the lack of kitchen - again, things I knew coming into it, but things I forget.  And yes, I like camping, love it I should say.  So, I often don't even have a bathroom, I use the woods and kitchen - nope, we use a tiny burner to cook food, but for some reason, I struggle with the middle ground, like either give me it all or nothing.  Anyways, I got over it...finally, eventually.

But before all of that, we got ready to head to the hot springs.  Johanna and Clint were going to hike about a 1/4 of a mile up the mountain to get to the most natural hot springs.  Sean and I decided that doing that, or rather doing the down part in the dark with Liam might be difficult so we went to the near pools.  And they were great, there were 2, one upper, a little warmer and a cooler one.  Liam had a blast, swimming around, splashing, talking to people, just about everything.  It was getting late and we decided it was time to head back to the cabin.  Somehow, it got really late, so Liam had a few snacks, a typical dinner for him and we laid down for bed.  Now, the cabin we were in was really tiny, a bed and a table downstairs and a loft up.  There wasn't a lot of room for anything other than being in bed.  I'm not complaining, I enjoyed the fact that I was "stuck" in bed.  So, we all dozed off until Johanna and Clint came back.  I stayed with Liam while Sean went to get us some food, make it, I mean.  He brought food back, we ate, had cake for Johanna and Sean decided we should head back out to the springs.  And we did.  Johanna and Clint watched Liam, thankfully he slept the whole time and we snuck off to pretty much heaven, a hot spring under the crystal clear starry sky, alone, in the peace and quiet of nature, again, pretty much heaven.

It was so nice, so nice to be away from everything, to be with each other and to just enjoy the mountains - something we moved here for.  The next day we went to the top - barely made it up and down, but it was amazing, the natural spring that was warm in the cold day.  I'm sure I could write more and more and more, but for now, I'll leave it at that, I'll remember all the good things and let it be.  It was a great place to go and we plan to go back.  It was a good escape, scratch that, a great escape.

No comments:

Post a Comment