Friday, January 2, 2015

Love the snow

Today was my last day of vacation, well, actually, I was working from home, and I fit in pretty much all the work I planned on taking care of, meaning I am headed back to work on Monday, not having to weed through tons of e-mails and I can just get back into things and fully into planning Winter Games...and well, everything else so that when I have this baby, things will be all in place come April when this kiddo is born.  So, today was also a day where I took a little bit of a long lunch break.  Sean, Liam, Burton and I went over to Mt. Falcon Park for a snowshoe adventure.  I'll be honest, it was a rough start.  Burton was pulling his leash, Liam was crabbing for some reason or another and I just mostly wanted to some peace.  I wanted to use my new snowshoes.  After about a half a mile, if even that, I was ready to turn around and go back, I was done, Liam was crying, Burton was pulling the leash, ugh, just rough.  Anyways, I stopped, took a breather and decided to change my story.  My story wasn't going to be about how I went back to the car and quit, it was going to be about turning it around and going for a nice snowshoe hike, to get some great mountain views.  So, we went along, we hiked and Liam fell asleep and Sean and I talked, hiked, rested and had fun.  We also let Burton be pretty free, which was nice...he had a blast, he wasn't annoying me, overall, it ended up being great.  We went out for about 4 miles or so...or less, but it was fun.  I forgot how great it felt to be outside, hiking, in nature, in my element, where I belong.  It was a little bit of a bummer to realize it was my last day off, it has been a great 2 weeks and while we didn't get to play in the snow all the time, we had our moments.  I have one more weekend to make the most of it, and I plan to.

No comments:

Post a Comment