Thursday, September 26, 2013

Now what?

We have our decision made, so now what?  Last night we had a very nice celebration dinner with my parents, it was great to chat about all kinds of things and hear all the questions and just enjoy the time together.  But now, now it has to be action time.  We don't have a lot of time left before Sean leaves and plenty to figure out.  We are going to be getting rid of a few things, bigger items, hopefully this weekend.  I feel like once we get some space to work with we can really start to tackle packing.  Wow, we are packing up our lives to move them across the country.  No longer does the thought of that scare me, it just excites me to see what it going to lie ahead of us.  Sure, there are plenty of things to worry about, but there always will be plenty to worry about.  I have been having dreams about Colorado the past few weeks and last night was so different - last night I dreamt that I got my dream job with SOCO.  The moment was so clear in the moment of my dream that I woke up not sure if it has happened.  I don't know who I was hugging when they told me the news, so I am pretty sure it was all a dream.  But maybe just another dream to come true.  

As the amount of days we have lessen, the amount of time spent sitting around will also lessen.  Tonight I am guessing we will work to get things ready for Saturday, emptying out items we will be selling, perhaps moving them up to the garage and going from there.  Someone is coming today to look at our house to rent, so at least we have that in our back pocket - it's not ideal, but it's us bringing in money for our house.  It wouldn't be the worst thing in the world, we could somehow figure out how to keep a few things there at least.  

I think right now my main goal is to stay as relaxed about everything as I can.  I remind myself everyday that Liam can feed off my stress and I don't need a stressed out 9 month old.  It hasn't been too hard to keep myself in a good place, but I know that will change.  I just have to keep in mind the big picture of what we are doing and why we are doing it.  And when I stop to do that, I smile...

No comments:

Post a Comment