Monday, September 30, 2013

Selling and packing

At this point, we still don't know details.  All we know is that Sean will start on November 13.  He also most likely found a place to crash for a few weeks while he is out there without me, if that is how things pan out.  We have a few options and I think it's best for me if I lay them out in front of us.

Best case scenario - I get a call from SOCO over the next few weeks telling me they want to hire me and that we are flexible with a start date.  I would stay in IL until the end of the year, just a month without Sean will be hard, but in the big picture, it will be so worth it.  We would sell our house with a close date of November 1, but would negotiate and extra week to get things packed up.  We would rent a giant pod for our things to get from here to Colorado.  Our items would be stored in that pod until we get our place out there finalized.  I would go with Sean out to CO at some point to look at some places and if it works out, even go out when he does to move into our place.  Then I would come back here, work until the end of the year and hope that Sean can come back here for a few days around the holidays or Liam's birthday.  That's at least part of a plan -  it is so hard with so many unknowns at this point!

We also have lined up a few people that might be interested in renting.  I would love to sell, but at least this is a decent enough option to not lose money on the house.  Additionally, a few people that looked at it are thinking about the rent to own option, so we will see how that all pans out.

But for now, I think it is time to just keep selling and downsizing things.  We have accumulated so many things over the past few years that it is time to really go through things and get rid of them.  I also have to remember that there is going to be a lot of hard work over these next few weeks.  I look at my calendar and November 13 is getting closer and closer.  It seems like we have to stop putting things off and start making things happen.  Sean needs to figure out his car situation, we need to get our garage empty of all that stuff, I need to go through many crates in the basement  and we need to go through closets...see all the things we are going to move and all the things we are going to get rid of.  I think we are at a good starting point, but I feel like we are going to need to accomplish at least something each day - and perhaps that will be my plan. To make a list of things I need/want to do and make it happen - oh yeah, and to get off my lazy butt and start working out - after all, I am going to be moving to Colorado - everyone is fit there - I want to be a part of that!  Time to get some work done - and continue to figure things out with our packing and selling!

1 comment:

  1. Well, check a few things off the list at least! You get over the mountain one step at a time right?

    ReplyDelete