Thursday, December 19, 2013

Just a few more hours...

Yes, Sean is on the plane, phone shut off and hopefully on his way here.  I can't wait to see him.  I just want to hug him and hold him so close - and get my kiss good night tonight.

It has been a long few weeks without him.  I have been trying to figure out why I have been so emotional as of late.  Certain things just make me tear up and it has been hard to go through all of this without my best friend.  My little guy is turning 1 tomorrow, I'm leaving my job, a job that I love and people I care about.  And then I'm leaving - leaving here, leaving my life, or rather opening the next chapter to my life.  I have been having a hard time looking past what is in front of me and looking toward what we are moving for.  I have just been trying to get by, one day at a time.  Taking each day in stride, waiting for Sean to be joining us again and being a part of the family...waiting for my best friend to be back in my life.  And today, that will happen, well, technically tomorrow.

Tomorrow I will get to celebrate Liam's first birthday - 1 whole year of trying to be the best mom I can be, trying to learn with him, teach him and grow with him.  And a year of changing.  And next year will have even more changes.  But right now, I am just going to take things a day at a time, and know that in a few hours I will get to see Sean, and we will celebrate our little Liam - tomorrow is about him, it's not about our move, it's not about new jobs, it's about Liam.  Every night I give him a kiss and tell him that he is amazing and that he will change the world some day - funny how much he already has.

No comments:

Post a Comment