Tuesday, December 17, 2013

My birthday

Yes, today was my 36th birthday, eek...that makes me sound old, really old.  Oh well, I don't feel that old.  I feel pretty great.  It was a pretty great day.  I got to cuddle my little Liam this morning, fed him and giggled with him in bed before I headed to work.  I came out to the kitchen to find a present from Liam, Sean and my parents.  I had breakfast with some great people, finished plenty of work and it was time to head home.  Then off to a yummy sushi dinner with my parents and Liam.  And I finished off the evening with an amazing group of women at my LLL meeting.  Phew, it was a busy day, but it was a great day.  I almost forgot that Sean wasn't here.  Almost.  I also kept remembering that in only 2 days I will see him.  So, it was a great birthday, but there is so much more great to come over the next few days.

Sean will be here, Liam will 1, family time, friend time, not enough time before I leave, but plenty of time as well.  Tomorrow I will see many work people for the last time.  It will be hard to say good bye to many of them, but I do hope I will keep in touch.  I also know that I am better at what I do and who I am because of most of them.  Ah, so many good byes to come, so many tears to flow, and so much to look forward to.  It's time to lay my mind to rest today and hoping that I will be able to sleep...because then tomorrow, it will only be 1 more day until I see Sean.  And then this blog will be about our move and our new life - not just how much I miss Sean!

No comments:

Post a Comment