Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Antsy

I'm getting antsy.  I want to tell people, I want to know what our plan is, at least tentatively and I am getting antsy.  We have told some people, just close people, but I want it to be public information - you know, like facebook!  Then it's for real.  Maybe it still doesn't feel real to me because it's not on facebook.  I was just thinking today about Liam's first birthday, about the fact that we might not be here for that.  Or the fact that Sean might not be here for it.  And that is hard, but we have to remember why we are doing it.  We aren't doing it for the right now, the right now is hard.  We are doing it for the years down the road when we want to take Liam to climb his first 14er (Sean would prefer that to be sooner than years down the road), or when we take a day trip to hike a bit of Maroon Bells, or a trip snowboarding, that is bigger than 2 hills.  That's what we are doing this for.

Right now we are in a bit of a holding pattern.  We have a few good options for the house - looking to rent, but we (maybe just me) are a bit leary of that - of trusting other people to take care of our house, of having a property a few states away.  But there is still a small hope someone will buy it.  And if they don't, at this point, we will at least be getting some money, so, it's something.

I guess I am just ready, ready to head out there and find a place to live, ready to pack our stuff up and most importantly, ready to tell people.  It will be really hard telling people I work with, I have told a few and got tears as a result.  My rule is no tears right now, I am going to be around for a while, there will be plenty of time for tears.  But as I look at the calendar, here we go, about 6 weeks until Sean leaves, we best start getting a plan in place!

1 comment:

  1. I say no tears ever...unless they are happy tears from seeing mountains.
    Guess what? I just told facebook! No turning back now!

    ReplyDelete