Thursday, October 17, 2013

3 and 1/2 weeks

That is how much longer Sean will be here with Liam, Burton and I.  3 and 1/2 weeks to soak up every single minute I can of my best friend because I will be away from him for about a month, maybe even longer.  I am sure once get the whole plan figured out, I will be counting down the days.  I think the longest we have been away from each other since we met has been 10 days.  But this will be 3 times longer than that.  Oh well, I have to remember that it will all be worth it.  It is kind of a needed step in this process to make sure we can pay the first few months of bills.  Plus, Sean will be working tons the first month, so I would barely see him anyways.  But not seeing him at all...I don't want to dwell on it now, like I said, just focusing on the times we have together.

It has been decided, I will spend the time I am here at my parents.  I had a talk with Liam and told him he needed to start sleeping better because Dot and Papa don't want to be awake all night long like mommy and daddy.  So, just a few more plans to work out and then we are set.  I was lazy last night and didn't get to any packing, but thinking I will work on that a bit tonight and already have help coming over on Friday night.  We will get there.  We will get packed.  Wow, we are moving, it is starting to sink in more and more and I wanted to spend some time thinking about all the things I am excited about.

I am excited to see Sean, I haven't even had to say good bye to him yet, but I am excited to be reunited with him and have Liam see him again.  I know we will skype or whatever will be easiest, but it still will be hard to be away from him...no good night kisses, no good morning cuddles, but we will make it.  I will have Liam and my parents around, I am more worried about him.  The good thing is that he will be busy, either unpacking or working, and he isn't like me, he won't sit around and think and think until he is upset by how much he misses his little guy.  He will keep himself busy.

I am excited to see our place, the pictures look nice, at least nice enough for us to be there for a few months to figure out if it is the place for us.  I am excited to sit on our deck and look at the views, I am excited to lay outside and see the millions of stars.  I am excited to take a short drive to get to an amazing hike.  I am excited to explore the town we are going to be living in.  I am excited to be on our own.   While it will be hard and scary to be away from friends and  family, it's a chance for us to be whatever we want to be.  It's a chance to not be judged for the way we want to raise Liam, or the way we want to live our lives.  It's an open book.  It's the next chapter of our lives!

And most people would argue that the first chapters were pretty great, why change things now.  And I agree, I am concerned that we shouldn't have changed what was working, that we could have stayed here and been fine, but I also think that life is about living.  This is something I learned from Sean...to always strive for more.  Which is a good thing and a bad thing.  We could have lived a perfectly happy life here, but I think we both would have felt like something was missing.  And this is what is missing.  All of my dreams are coming true, I have my wonderful husband who is my best friend, I have a wonderful little monster and now we are going west.  It is scary and thrilling to "live" life and not just go through the motions...so, if the next few weeks are hard, I can make it, I can keep myself busy enough to not miss Sean every moment of my time here...I just need to remind myself of that in 3 and 1/2 weeks when we part our ways!

No comments:

Post a Comment