Saturday, October 12, 2013

My job

I love my job.  I really do.  I had an amazing day today being a part of a selection committee for the National Games for Unified Soccer.  I work with amazing people, the athletes and partners were amazing and I got to hang out on the field at Toyota Park.  So, yeah, I love my job.  So, it's funny I am leaving it.  I am worried about who will take over, will they be as good with the coaches as I like to think I am.  Will they enjoy the job as much as I do?  Will they do all the extra things I tend to be a part of?  Is it even my business?  Nope, not at all - I am leaving and have no say in what happens after me.  I also thought SOILL was my place to be, my place to make a difference, but I am starting to think there are other things for me.  I do think that if I stayed here, I could be part of the future of this organization and that feels great.  But maybe there is more out there...in this field, or in special Olympics.  Maybe the Colorado job will work out, maybe this random PE teaching job will work out, who knows what will work out, but there is one thing I know and learned today.  No matter what my job is, what state I am in, Special Olympics will always be a huge part of my life.  If I don't get the job, I will volunteer, either as a coach or at an event....I will not lose this part of my life that means so much to me.  I will not let this move take that away from me.  I know the few things I am passionate about and I was reminded even more of that today.  So, yes, I am leaving my job, but I am not leaving Special Olympics, it will always be a part of my life.

Phew, I started this blog feeling sad about my job, about having to leave the people I work with and what I do, and I have turned it around to a positive - I  like that the task of that is getting easier and easier.  I feel at peace with our decision, I'm not upset, I haven't cried much about it - at least lately (by the way, I am guessing that means a good freak out is coming, every time I think I feel good about things, a few days later, I have major issues - should make a great blog!) and I just feel all right with everything.  Sean has done a great job renting out our place, finding us a new place - did I talk about that yet?  The 3 decks and screened in porch?  Anyways, yes, I feel at peace and I feel so ready to make this move, even knowing how hard it will be!

I told my grandma today - she didn't believe me for a while - then she said something to me that I remember my grandpa said to me a few years ago - Colorado is beautiful - it's God' country.  Yep, that's where we are going and I know my grandpa, my special pal, will be watching over us!  And I also know that Papa and Liam are going to be special pals, just like we were!

No comments:

Post a Comment